Graduate Design Engineer
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Type: Full Time
IDC is looking for talented graduate to join its energetic and expanding Shanghai studio.
IDC (Industrial Design Consultancy) has a 40-year history in the UK, heaped with awards and incredible projects. These days we’re multinational and our fresh China studio needs you. Do you have the skills and ability and to be part of our team?
Specialising in the medical sector, our full-service product development consultancy meets clients’ needs from pre-concept to implementation. Check idc.uk.com and idc.cn.com for more information.
Guided by a Project Leader, you will undertake medical product development activities throughout the NPD cycle. Through brainstorming, sketching, CAD and prototyping, you will conceive technical product design solutions and work the concepts up to full engineering detail for manufacture through team collaboration. You will be joining us at a really exciting and challenging period of growth, where you will regularly collaborate with UK staff, travel within China and potentially the UK.
- Motivated and passionate about exceptional products
- A tenacious problem-solver who is technically and mechanically creative
- Empathetic with users, and experienced in design research, ergonomics etc.
- Focused on quality and attention to detail
- Confident in presenting your ideas, with excellent English essential
You Have Evidence of:
- Generation of concepts, new design ideas and solutions to design problems
- A relevant degree
- Skills in 3D CAD ( SolidWorks, ProE)
- Skills in manual sketching to presentation standard